Membership Application and Code of Ethics
(The downloadable PDF of this application is at the bottom of this page)
Name (Please print clearly) _____________________________________________________________
Primary Phone_______________________________Other Phone______________________________
Types of Membership + Annual Dues (Check one) – Note: All PPLAC Professional and Life Members may enter digital image competitions and are eligible for Merits, Best in Category, Best of Show and End of Year Awards. Aspiring Members may enter the digital image competitions but are eligible for judge’s critique only. Sponsors may not enter the competition.
_______ Professional - $120 - Active PPLAC members who are engaged or qualified in the profession of photography. Included is an optional listing in the Find a Photographer section of the PPLAC website.
_______ Aspiring - $75 – Students or individuals who aspire to become a professional photographer. There is a maximum of two years at the Aspiring membership level. After the second year, Aspiring members must upgrade to the Professional level.
Types of Photography (Circle as many as are applicable):
Architecture___ Commercial___ Events___ Fashion___ Fine Art___ Landscape___ Nature___
Pets___ Portrait___ Product___Sports___ Stock___ Travel___ Wedding__
Other Memberships – We are a member organization of PPC (Professional Photographers of California) and PPA (Professional Photographers of America). As such, member information is forwarded to these organizations. This information is NOT shared with or sold to any outside organizations.
PPC Member #_____________________________ PPA Member #_______________________________
PPLAC Refund Policy – If a refund is requested within 30 days from the date at the top of this Membership Application, Professional Photographers of Los Angeles County will issue a 90% refund (total monies paid minus a 10% processing fee) – once all monies have been received and deposited. Sorry, NO REFUNDS after 30 days.
Code of Ethics – I have read and agree to the Code of Ethics printed on the attached page and promise to abide by these principles with clients and fellow photographers. Documented failure to follow the tenets of the Code of Ethics will result in the immediate termination of my membership.
Payments can be made by check payable to PPLAC and sent with this signed form to PPLAC Membership, 10736 Jefferson Blvd, #859, Culver City, CA 90230.
Code of Ethics
Before admission or re-admission to membership in this Association, a person must without reservation, solemnly agree to:
1. Endeavor to maintain a dignity of manner in their behavior, in the presentation of their photography and photographic services, in their appearance and their studio or place of business and in all other forms of public contact.
2. Observe the highest standards of honesty in all transactions, avoiding the use of false, confusing, inaccurate and misleading terms, descriptions and claims.
3. Positively deal with any client complaints in a quick, responsive and effective manner, and resolve the situation to the satisfaction of the client.
4. At all times endeavor to produce photographs of a quality equal or superior to the samples they display; to apply their best efforts toward providing the best possible photographic services and to play their part in raising the general standards of photographic craftsmanship.
5. Show a friendly spirit of cooperation to their fellow professional photographers and assist them whenever possible, should they be in trouble or difficulty.
6. At all times avoid the use of unfair competitive practices as determined by any court of competent jurisdiction, the Federal anti-trust laws and related statutes.
7. Assist their fellow photographers and share their knowledge with them, encouraging them individually and collectively to achieve and maintain the highest standards of quality.
8. Recognize the authority of this Association in all matters relating to the interpretation of this Code in accordance with the statutes of the governmental agencies of competent jurisdiction.
Please sign on the main membership renewal application that you have read and understood this Code of Ethics and agree to abide by it.
KEEP THIS COPY FOR YOUR RECORDS